Labour safety ignored at Rampal plant
The death of 15-year-old Sajib, a worker at the Rampal Power Plant site, brought attention to an issue that went previously unnoticed — the lack of safety gears and the unsafe conditions that the plant workers have to face.
Sajib, on Friday, was electrocuted during work, as he was not wearing any protective gears. Three others were injured when they tried to save him.
They were rescued and taken to hospital by their co-workers. No authorities concerned of the plant, however, came to their aid. Read more
Courtesy: The Daily Star