Telangana Today | Feb 20, 2023
The meeting was chaired by chairperson of the body Ravi Rebbapragada and attended by 15 members belonging to 16 states
Mancherial: Members of Mines, Mineral and People (MMP), a national network of voluntary organisations that works for rights of people affected by mining, held a meeting in Mancherial on Sunday. The meeting was chaired by chairperson of the body Ravi Rebbapragada and attended by 15 members belonging to 11 states.
- Mechanism to carry out social audit
- As DMF is registered as a trust it should identify beneficiaries of the trust and maintain a list.
- Gram Sabha may be included from the project planning stage itself for greater people participation.
- Need for a strong grievance redressal mechanism
- Need for time bound projects which are regularly monitored by state level monitoring committees
- Each DMF trust should prepare annual report which is to be laid before the state Legislative Assembly.
- 5% of DMF fund for creating a DMF office and an administrative setup.
Report on DMF link Report on DMF